„Sunshine and bustle”
One of the most beautiful landscapes of Pannonia is the South Balaton Wine Region, where the Celts and Romans already grown grapes and made wine. The Balaton sunlight is reflected and Pannon serenity glow from the wines of the region.
The landscape is characterized by champagne production and typical nice, rich in acids and aromatic quality wines.
Due to the location of the landscape the fruity white wines and the velvety red wines dominate more, like the Királyleányka (semi-sweet white wine), the Olaszrizling and the Chardonnay, and the Cabernet and the Merlot.
In June we will continue our adventures and we will visit the North Balaton Wine Region.
Date: 16.05.2012. Wednesday 19:00
Welcome drink: Bujdosó Rosecco
- Home-smoked salmon mille feuille with Hungarian caviar
Garamvári Vincent Fantasy Brut raw Champagne 2005
- Butterfish fillet with citrus sea asparagus
IKON Chardonnay 2011
- Goose liver cappuccino with Vilmoskörte (William pear)
Légli Chestnut Riesling 2007
- Wild duck leg confit with raspberry-red cabbage jam and roasted baby peas
Konyári Loliense red 2008
- Aged sirloin steak with spicy chanterelle mushroom ragout and vegetable variation
IKON Tulip 2008
- Cottage cheese mousse with rhubarb soup and dates
Aranyhegy (Gold Hill) 2007